Gold Shovel Standard provides facility owners and contractors the field visibility they’ve never had regarding infrastructure strikes with its proprietary Damage Prevention Incident Rating (DPIR).
Developed with stakeholders in the industry, Gold Shovel Standard is leading a growing movement for accountability and transparency in the excavation community. And, it’s working.
- Infrastructure strikes among GSS-certified contractors are decreasing even as the excavation community as a whole is experiencing an increase in damage incidents.
- Contractors are choosing to become GSS-certified on their own, before an owner/operator client ever asks, creating a safer environment for everyone.
- GSS certification is positively impacting the entire excavation ecosystem, as third-party strikes are decreasing among operators, municipalities and contractors who have become certified.
Real solutions to real problems are only solved when measurement is involved. By offering a critical, transparent analysis of field work with its DPIR system, GSS and its certified partners are making strides toward an excavation industry free of damaging infrastructure strikes.
It’s time to become an agent for change.
- Gold Shovel Standard relies on a system of non-punitive reporting. Gold Shovel Standard does not judge or analyze the data, it simply provides the framework to collect it.
- Data collected by Gold Shovel Standard is controlled by the stakeholder that provided it. Gold Shovel Standard will not share it without permission.
- Gold Shovel Standard utilizes third-party specialists to evaluate the security of data systems.