Our purpose is to make the communities in which we live safer by reducing the damages to underground utility infrastructure.
Our mission is to facilitate continuous safety improvement and to reduce environmental harm by providing meaningful damage prevention certifications and standardized performance metrics.
- Damage Prevention Safety Management Systems (DP-SMS) enable repeatable, safety-based decision making
- Standardized damage-prevention measurements/metrics foster fair and fact-based organizational comparisons and drive improvement
- Meaningful certifications enhance safety-based damage prevention programs and cultivate continuous improvement
- Innovative technology provides timely data and leads to in-depth insights to make better decisions
- Shared industry responsibility acknowledges that everyone has a part to play in protecting our communities
- Safety first – we put personal and public safety at the heart of all that we do
- Integrity – we uphold the highest level of integrity in our actions
- Personal accountability – we are personally accountable for delivering on our commitments
- Committed to our members – we seek to make a positive difference in our members’ lives, communities, and in their businesses
- Continuously improve – we always strive to get better in all that we do